Price and Quality Transparency
Jackson County Regional Health Center’s Board of Trustees Endorses IHA Transparency Principles
A) Along with other Iowa hospitals, JCRHC supports price and quality transparency and strives to communicate information that is useful to patients, families, and other health care purchasers.
B) JCRHC and all Iowa hospitals should lead in transparency in their communities by:
- Providing patients with information that encourages engagement in their health and health care,
- Empowering patients and other health care purchasers to make value (price and quality) comparisons prior to receiving or purchasing health care services, and
- Enabling open and clear lines of communications that facilitate conversations with patients and families at the point of care delivery.
C) JCRHC joins other Iowa hospitals in leading in transparency of billing practices by:
- Implementing strategies to communicate information to patients and other health care purchasers; and
- Assisting patients in better understanding the total value of their care, including estimated out-of-pocket expenses.
JCRHC strives to follow these principles in all of our communications and interactions with the people we serve. Please feel free to contact us if we can better serve you in any of these areas.
Average Charges for Iowa Hospitals - The Iowa Hospital Association collects inpatient and outpatient charge information from hospitals.