Skilled Care Nursing at JCRHC
Jackson County Regional Health Center provides skilled care services close to home to help you get back on the path to good health. Each patient is assigned a Care Team that establishes individualized plans with goals in order to achieve the highest possible outcomes.
Skilled Care Services
- 24 hour professional, RN licensed, hands-on nursing care and emergency response
- Individualized, comprehensive skilled care
- Direct admission from hospital or home
- On-site rehabilitative services:
- State of the art rehabilitative and therapeutic treatment
programs and equipment
- IV treatments (i.e., antibiotics, nutrition)
- Pain management
- Specialized wound care
- Enteral Feedings
- Therapeutic diets and individual needs and preferences
- Cable, internet and telephone services
- Planned recreational and social programs
A physical therapist provides treatment and instruction to help restore
a patient to the highest level of function. Therapy may focus on overall strengthening, or on a specific problem caused by an injury, illness or surgery. Instruction is also given to family members who are encouraged to be involved in the treatment plan.
Speech therapists help patients who have communication difficulties, cognition and swallowing disorders.
An occupational therapist provides treatment to help a patient gain greater independence in performing daily activities. This may include improving physical dexterity, upper body strength and regain the ability to care for one’s self in activities of daily living.
JCRHC provides care for patients requiring a number of IV treatments
including antibiotics, pain management and more.
A certified activities instructor will organize individualized and group
activity sessions for each patient. Beauty/barber shop appointments can be arranged.
One Step Admission Process
We provide direct access to our specialized staff members who work closely with families, hospitals, home health agencies, physicians, social services and the community to arrange admission to our skilled nursing program. Contact our Outcomes Coordinator at (563) 652-7716.
Please include the following information for admission:
- Demographic Form/Information
- History and physical
- Pertinent lab and therapy notes
- Expected date of transfer
- Medication list
- Progress Notes - Nursing and Physician
- Patients should wear personal clothing and comfortable shoes to enable them to fully participate in therapy.
- Physician will see each patient weekly or sooner if needed. A physician is on-site 24 hours/day.
- Any routine doctor appointments should be postponed until after discharge.
- Family and friends are encouraged to visit.
- Each room is furnished with cable television, DVD player, remote control and telephone. Internet is available.
- Patient may bring small items from home that provide comfort and aid recovery. All items must be approved by nursing staff.