What You Need to Know About Job Shadowing at JCRHC
JCRHC offers job shadowing opportunities to both high school and college students. Most students will be considered as observation only. However, if a student is enrolled in an applicable medical program, such as Radiology, Physical Therapy, Laboratory, or Nursing, a student may be approved for patient contact. Upon expressing interest in the JCRHC Job Shadow Program, students will have to meet certain requirements based on the appropriate level of education. These requirements include, but are not limited to, background check, drug screen and immunization records. All required documentation must be submitted and approved prior to the start date of the shadowing program.
Your Health is Important to Us!
Influenza vaccine is a requirement for all JCRHC employees, students, volunteers, and contract staff. This requirement will remain in effect for the entire flu season and will be released by the infection control committee upon the close of the season.
Jackson County Regional Health Center is a tobacco-free facility!
At JCRHC, we care about providing a healthy environment for our employees, patients, and visitors. We have implemented a policy that makes our facility and grounds entirely tobacco free.
How You Look Represents Who We Are…
JCRHC embraces a professional appearance policy that will enhance and promote a positive and professional image to the community… some of the highlights include:
- Participants must dress modestly and neatly.
- Please avoid extreme dress, hairstyles, and jewelry.
- Do not wear clothing such as T-shirts that portray suggestive or derogatory pictures and messages, including advertising of alcohol, tobacco, etc.
- Clothing should cover all undergarments.
- No sleeveless blouses, shirts, or tops.
- Clothing should not be skin tight or revealing.
- No bare skin showing when bending over or stretching.
- Piercing of eyebrows, tongue, lips, nose, etc. are not to be worn during shadowing hours.
- To the extent possible, tattoos should be covered during shadowing hours.
- Appropriate footwear is required. Sports sandals, beach footwear (flip-flops), or rubber shoes are not acceptable attire.
- NO BLUE JEANS unless approved by administration in advance.
Other Items to Note:
Personal cellphones and other portable devices should not be used during job shadowing hours. If it is necessary to use/answer your cellphone, please exit the patient area to do so.
Please wear either your school id or a badge supplied to you from JCRHC while you are participating in the job shadow program. It is important to be able to identify any member of our team from visitors, family, or patients.