- Ambulance Services
- Emergency Care
- Pain Management
- Patient Care Unit
- Physical Therapy & Wellness
- Skilled Nursing
- Surgical Services
- Wound Care
When There’s No Time to Lose, Our Emergency Department Is Ready for You
In an emergency, every minute counts.
Emergency Department Highlights
Level IV Community Trauma Center — This designation means we meet stringent criteria for regional emergency care: access, advanced lifesaving, staffing, training, facilities, transportation & more.
Emergency Department — In an emergency, you or your loved one will find state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, including the latest in advanced lifesaving and patient monitoring systems.
Emergency Care Staff — Our highly-trained, experienced providers and support staff are trained in Advanced Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Trauma Nursing Core Courses.
Emergency Transportation — Emergency ground and air transportation include 170-square-mile ambulance service and established relationships with Medforce, AirCare and LifeGuard.
Always Ready for You — Our emergency department is staffed and ready 24/7 for emergencies large and small. When you need it most, it’s reassuring to know that, in an emergency, better health starts here.
Do I Need the Emergency Department or Emergency Care?
Head to the Emergency Department or call 911 to have the following symptoms evaluated and treated:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain, left arm pain or left jaw pain
- Serious burns and cuts (cuts that won’t stop bleeding or wounds that won’t close)
- Severe allergic reaction (swelling lips, difficulty swallowing or breathing)
- Stroke symptoms, including slurred speech or sudden numbness/weakness in any area of your body, facial droop, loss of balance or vision
- A change in mental status (such as confusion)
- Loss of consciousness (if you pass out)
- Multiple injuries or a possible broken bone in areas like the ribs, skull, face or pelvis
- If you’re pregnant and have vaginal bleeding or pelvic/abdominal pain
If you’re experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 now. The preceding is not intended to be an exhaustive list of conditions nor is it intended to provide medical advice.
Take a Virtual Tour of the Emergency Department and other Facilities
Watch the video to check out our recently completed new emergency care and other facilities in Maquoketa.